Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools!

It's April 1st, which just so happens to be one of my favorite days of the year.  People sometimes talk about their love languages, for some it's gifts, or affection, or acts of service.  My love language is pulling pranks on those I love.  I love that there is an entire day devoted to one of my favorite past times.

In the past, I've put change in my hubby's shoes, or 'short-sheeted' the bed, or made a drink that looked like sweet tea but wasn't.  I also (at least once a week) like to hide somewhere in the house and jump out at him when he's not expecting it. This year, rather than focus on pranking my husband (besides the scary leprechaun that was anxiously waiting for him in the bathroom this morning), I decided to focus my efforts on the little ones.

They're still pretty young, so I didn't want to do anything too mean; I decided to mess with their food.  For breakfast, they had gummy worms in their cereal.  I thought I was so clever.  That is, until church this morning when they were VERY loud and hyper.  Note to self: gummy worms are NOT an ideal breakfast food.

For lunch, I made them peanut butter and jelly and placed gummy worms in their sandwiches (I obviously learned my lesson from breakfast).  It was so funny to watch their faces as they unexpectedly bit into something rubbery in their sandwich.  We also finely chopped some cookies to make 'dirt' for their yogurt.  X-Man thought this was so cool!  Little Lou, on the other hand, threw a complete tantrum and cried under the table while yelling "We don't eat dirt!  Dirt is NOT yummy!".  She eventually came around.  I also gave them an apple with a gummy worm inside, and grape jell-o that looked like grape juice.  It was hilarious watching them try to drink out of their straws!



I've also enjoyed reading my friend's pranks on Facebook.  And several businesses (Google, Coffee-Mate, International Delight, Old Navy) have also had fantastic jokes today.  I sure would hate to have big news to share on April 1st.  I think you'd have to wait a day or else no one would believe you.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get a few more gags in today - especially for my sweet, unsuspecting hubby.  (Or, I could just be saying this so that he worries all day about my evil schemes...)  I hope you have a great April Fool's Day filled with great memories!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment