- Core (History, Language Arts, Bible): Sonlight Core A - I absolutely fell in love with this package when I saw it at a homeschool convention. Last year we used Heart of Dakota, and it was okay; however, my kids didn't like the reading selections. We really enjoyed their Bible and History, but we were ready for a change.We also purchased Sonlight's kindergarten and second grade readers/language arts.
- Science: Sonlight A. Luckily, we found this on ebay in like-new condition. I'm also pretty excited about this (it came with several books and a DVD). Last year we used Apologia. I think Apologia would work well for older kids, but it didn't work well for my kids. It was a big text book that in my opinion wasn't reader-friendly for younger children.
- Math: Staying with Math-U-See. Little Lou will do Primer, X-Man will do Beta. LOVE MUS. The only issue I have is that there are 30 lessons and our school year is 36 weeks. Small issue, but I thought it was worth noting.
- Handwriting: Handwriting Without Tears kindergarten and first grade. Last year X-Man's handwriting improved VASTLY with the help of this program. We really liked it, so we'll use it again this year.
- Health: Alpha and Omega, Horizons Health 1. This year we added a health program. It looks like it covers quite a bit of info, but only on the surface level. There's 50 lessons, but they appear to be pretty simple, almost an introduction.
- Additional: We also purchased a PE book, some art appreciation books, and some classical music CDs. Due to X-Man's fine motor delays, we also purchased a few activities that should help him (Little Lou is VERY interested as well!).
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Just in case anyone was wondering, I wanted to share out curriculum choices for this year.