Saturday, October 19, 2013

And we're back (and leaving in the morning)...

We're back from the Wonderful World of Disney.  We had a most wonderful time, and I can't wait to share some of our favorite memories and tips with you.  I'm still in denial about our trip being over (which is why we still have suitcases in our bedroom).  I'm just not ready to be back - we spent so much time getting ready, and then it's gone in the blink of an eye.  So, in the next week or two, I'm going to post a ton of photos and info - be prepared!

Until then, I wanted to ask a quick favor of our readers.  Please pray for us.  Tomorrow morning we're driving to Iowa.  X-Man has a check up on Monday morning.  Before nearly every appointment, I get a little nervous.  One of the things that I LOVE about X's medical team is their honesty.  They let us know that while his feet look good, there is always a possibility that he will need a tendon transfer surgery.  Of course, we're hoping that he won't need it, but it's always a possibility.

Lately, X-Man has been complaining of some pain in his right foot.  Unfortunately, this is his less-flexible foot.  We still do nightly stretching, and he still wears his boots and bar (with stops), but we've noticed that his right foot has significantly less mobility and flexibility than his left foot.  I'm concerned that once we get there, we may be discussing a possible relapse.  This could mean surgery (worst case) or recasting.  In the grand scheme of things, this really isn't so bad.  It's still helping him.  As a mom, I just worry.  I know the medical team in Iowa is the best in the world, and I have full confidence in God that he will grant them the discernment to know what is going to be best for X-Man's feet. I just need to keep my mind from wandering into worry and pessimism. And, I need to keep in mind that God's got this.

Once we get back, hopefully we'll have no news.  But regardless, we'll let you know how things went.  So please, pray for us, the medical team, and most importantly, for our sweet boy. 

Thanks for reading, and for the constant support, it means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment