Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bzzagent Review - Special K Nourish Hot Cereal

Recently I had the opportunity to review Special K Nourish Hot Cereal.  Below is my review: 

Special K isn't a brand I typically purchase.  To me, lower calories = lower taste; that's why I'm so glad that I was picked for this campaign.  I love that Nourish isn't just oatmeal; it's a hot breakfast cereal made up of oats, barley, and quinoa.  Unfortunately, the barley does make this cereal have gluten which will keep some people from purchasing this cereal.

The cereal is easy to make.  All you have to do is peel the lid halfway back, add hot water, then close the lid for three minutes.  I like that there's a fill line in the cup which makes it easy to measure the right amount.  Due to the convenience, I feel that this would be a great option for people in offices who need quick breakfasts.  I stay at home during the day, but I did really like the ease. 

The first one I made was the maple brown sugar crunch.  I was very excited to try this flavor as I thought it would be the best one.  I made it as directed, then walked out of the room for a minute.  When I returned, the bowl was empty, and my four year old daughter was happily licking the spoon.  She inhaled it.  I asked her how she liked it, and she gave it two thumbs up. She tends to be picky, so this is a win!

The next flavor I made was the cinnamon raisin pecan.  This was very good.  There was a bit more pecan flavor than what I normally like.  I liked the texture of the hot cereal, and I thought that both the pecans and raisins were a good addition. 

The last flavor we tried was the cranberry almond.  Out of the two flavors that I was able to try, this one was definitely my favorite.  I thought that for the serving size of cereal, that there was just the right amount of almonds and cranberries. 

The only reason that I gave this four stars instead of five is that the raisin pecan flavor could use some improvement (in comparison to the cranberry almond flavor).  I do think that the serving size could be a little bigger as it wasn't completely filling (I'm used to a bigger serving). 

All in all, Special K Nourish is delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment