Monday, August 12, 2013

Bzzagent Review - Special K Nourish Bars

Recently I had the opportunity to participate in a campaign for Special K Nourish bars.  Below is my review:

I do not typically purchase Special K products.  To me, the brand makes me think of diet food, and I'm not a fan of diet food.  So, I'm glad I had the opportunity to try something that I normally wouldn't.

As part of this campaign, I received three Nourish bars: cranberry almond, lemon twist, and dark chocolate nut delight. They are convenient (in individual servings), and are a decent size.

Of these three, I tried the lemon twist first because I thought that I would like this flavor the most; I was wrong.  I did not care for this at all.  I thought the texture was good, but the taste was terrible.  To me, it tasted very artificial, and the smell was almost cleaning-product-like.  I couldn't finish this bar.

The next flavor was the dark chocolate nut delight.  I don't normally like chocolate flavored things as they taste fake (or diet-food-like) to me.  The nourish bar was an exception for me!  I thought it was very good.  The chocolate was good, not artificial flavored.  I couldn't really taste the nut part, but it was good.  I would possibly buy these in the future.

The last flavor I tried was the cranberry almond.  I liked these too, though the aftertaste wasn't great.  The bar was very sticky and stuck quite a bit to my teeth.  I felt that there was a good amount of cranberry and almonds, and I would consider purchasing these again as well. 

All in all, the nourish bars were okay.  I won't be replacing my current granola bars with these, but if the price is right, I may purchase them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment